Jeff Syracuse Metro Council District 15
Donelson Business News - August 2017
It’s exciting times in Donelson as news of positive developments is all around us. It’s going to be a busy last half of the year. Here’s an update on potential/rumored and “coming soon” developments:
- The former Phillips 66 gas station at the corner of Fairway and Lebanon Pk – What we see going on is the standard environmental clean-up that has to happen when a gas station leaves a property. There have been a few rumors about what’s coming to the property, but it appears the closing has been pushed back to late Fall, so we won’t know anything for a while.
- Party Fowl at the former Johnson’s Furniture building – They’re almost there with final plans and permits and the opening should be around March 1, 2018. Construction should begin in the weeks ahead hopefully once they officially secure all permits.
- Nectar Urban Cantina behind Walgreens on McGavock Pike – They’re making great progress and it looks fantastic! Should be open in the weeks ahead. Follow their progress on Facebook.
- A new location for Old Hickory Credit Union is going up near Batson Home’s new construction at the corner of Donelson Pike and Lakeland.
- City Side Center on Spence Lane near Margaret Allen Middle School – Mixed-use development with up to 9,400 square feet of commercial space is going through the Planning process.
- Sleep Outfitters is leaving the Dollar General shopping center at Fairway Dr / Lebanon Pike this Fall. A sign is up advertising the space available for lease.
- The new area for the new office building at 2540 Park Drive was cleared and construction could begin soon once permits are secured.
- The Somerset at 1604 Lebanon Pike – 25 townhomes. Passed second reading at Council.
- 36-unit apartment complex at 1636 Lebanon Pk – They’re working on securing permits and would like to start construction sometime this Fall.
- Hotels in various stages of the development process:
- A Loft – McGavock Pk near Elm Hill Pike. Still in early stages.
- In the Century City area off of Perimeter Court – Holiday Inn
- In the Century City area on Century Blvd – Hyatt House
- In the Century City area on Ermac Drive – Candlewood Suites
- On Music Valley Drive – Residence Inn
- Donelson Plaza – Making good progress slowly but surely. Lots of details to work out, but hoping it will be a feature of a subsequent newsletter soon and then we will have a community meeting.
- Donelson Library – Same as above. Hoping to schedule a community meeting about this during the Fall.
- 200-unit multi-family development across from FiftyForward – Passed second reading at Council and is moving forward.
- Donelson Station – The State passed authorizing legislation that allows MDHA to create redevelopment districts around “Transit Centers”. I’ve met once with MDHA, Metro Planning, RTA and the Pennrose development team to discuss starting this process as it would be of great benefit to the future development on the RTA land as well as the surrounding area. More info to come in the weeks and months ahead. There will be a community meeting about this.
- Bowtie Barista – They are in a “soft opening” stage and should be fully open in the weeks ahead. I had an opportunity to check them out and it’s fantastic! Donelson is going to love this coffee shop.
Congratulations to Cloud 9 Salon & Day Spa on celebrating their one-year anniversary. Located at 2623 Lebanon Pike, they cover all aspects in the area of health and beauty. An outward expression for the love of caring for all is the primary goal of the stylist and staff and their Mission is “to show and educate individuals how to care for themselves embracing bodywork from head to toe. Offering a luxurious taste of Heaven while on Earth by providing services which are vital and valuable as pampering evolves." Cloud 9 offers services such as massage, hair styling, manicures, pedicures, waxing services, facials, and make-up application. Follow then on their website here and Facebook here. Their phone number is 615-540-3934.
The court process is finally moving forward for TN Quick Cash. The State Court of Appeals date is August 22. The court generally makes a decision in about 30 days after that. If we win, they then have 60 days to file a petition to the TN State Supreme Court. This is frustratingly slow indeed and the building remains empty until the process is final.