Jeff has called Nashville home since 1998, moving here to complete his music degree at Middle Tennessee State University. He went on to complete his MBA in Technology Management from the Nashville campus of the University of Phoenix, located in Donelson. Jeff was a first-time homebuyer in Donelson Hills in 2002 and soon became involved in his neighborhood and community.
Jeff helped form one of the largest Neighborhood Watch Networks in the county with 17 households in Donelson Hills serving as Watch Captains. Jeff led the evolution of the organization into the Donelson Hills Neighborhood Association and brought neighbors together to invest in their neighborhood through a street sign replacement program, beautification and signage at entranceways, and regular community meetings and block parties.
Jeff’s community service continued through leadership of several non-profit organizations and was elected President of the Donelson-Hermitage Chamber of Commerce in 2013. Jeff’s successful two terms on Metro Council representing District 15 helped bring new local restaurants and businesses to a revitalized central business district, including a new Donelson Branch Library as part of a public/private partnership with Donelson Plaza new owner Holladay Properties, which will serve as a civic anchor for a walkable town center. As part of a revitalized heart of the community, Jeff led another public/private partnership that will create a reimagined Donelson Station into a regional transit center, which will also include a new FiftyForward center, housing, restaurants, and retail.
Jeff’s almost 25 years in the music business has created an acumen for understanding the critical importance of Nashville’s working creatives and the various aspects of our music ecosystem that are critical to our culture and economic impact. Jeff has a passion for ensuring Nashville supports our status as a global capital of music in the world.
Jeff’s wife Gina is a singer/songwriter and owner of Gina’s Italian Cuisine. Jeff’s brother, Dave, is an Emergency Room physician in Hendersonville with his wife Jessica and three kids. Jeff has one son, Joey, who is an Aerospace Engineering major at The University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
Donelson Hills (www.donelsonhills.com)
- Neighborhood Watch – Helped form the Neighborhood Watch for the largest neighborhood in Donelson (over 500 homes) and created the grassroots communication efforts as well as a large email and social networking infrastructure. As Watch Director, leads a team of 17 households that serve as Watch Captains.
- Donelson Hills Neighborhood Association – Founder and Past-President (2012-2013) with a mission to help preserve the post-WWII neighborhood and nurture a strong sense of community, implement beautification efforts (which has resulted in over $20,000 invested towards entranceway beautification and a street sign replacement project) and support greater participation of residents.
Donelson-Hermitage Chamber of Commerce (www.d-hchamber.com)
- Served as President (2013) and led the effort of revamping the Program of Work to streamline resources, expand advocacy efforts and enhance grassroots community engagement.
• Established a Business & Technology Committee to focus on applying newer technology and redesigning the website.
• Worked on workforce development advocacy efforts to connect post-secondary institutions with the needs of area businesses.
• Expanded the Tourism Committee to include Historic Preservation to support the community’s historic sites.
• Helped develop the Donelson-Hermitage Emerging Leaders, the Chamber’s young professional group.
• Enhanced and streamlined the Community Development Division to engage neighborhoods, the faith community, and non-profit organizations more collaboratively.
- Helped engage the Mayor’s Financial Empowerment Center in the Donelson-Hermitage-Old Hickory area.
- Involved in the project to create a new tourism brochure with 50,000 copies distributed to Tennessee welcome centers on the interstates as well as an interactive online version.
Donelson Gateway Project (www.donelsongateway.org)
- Served as President (2012-2014) of the non-profit organization committed to beautifying Donelson’s entranceways and other important sites.
- Expanded the project from physical gateways to figurative gateways with three landscaping projects at local schools – Two Rivers Middle, Hickman Elementary, and McGavock Elementary.
Friends of Two Rivers Mansion (www.friendsoftworiversmansion.org)
- Served as President (2014) of a non-profit organization dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and raising of community awareness of the Two Rivers Mansion and 14-acre property.
- Helped create and establish the “Music at the Mansion” series bringing thousands of patrons to hear a wide variety of professional music acts.
- Graduated with the Class of 2013 and as an alumnus, serving as Chair of the Government & Media Day Committee for future classes.
Hip Donelson (www.hipdonelson.org)
- Founding member of community group started on Facebook and grew to become a non-profit organization dedicated to being the conduit for community development, enrichment, safety, and education for all Donelson residents.
- Through sponsorships and the sale of promotional items, Hip Donelson has raised thousands of dollars to support local non-profits throughout the community.
- Helped establish a community-wide Night Out Against Crime event at McGavock High School.
- Served as co-Chair of the Community Engagement Committee to help encourage the participation of all Nashville communities in the process of planning the next 25 years of growth in our region.
Neighbor 2 Neighbor (www.n2n.solutions)
- Served as Vice President (2014-2015) of a non-profit organization dedicated to neighborhood leader training and development, neighborhood organizing technical help, and facilitating community-driven change.
Leadership Music (leadershipmusic.org)
- Member of the Class of 2020.
The Blues Foundation (www.blues.org)
- Board Member of the non-profit organization known as the international home of the Blues in Memphis, TN, dedicated to preserving Blues music history, celebrating recording and performance excellence, supporting blues education, and ensuring the future of this uniquely American art form.
- Participated in a $3.5 million capital campaign project that resulted in a Blues Hall of Fame that has become an international tourism destination.
Music Makes Us (www.musicmakesus.org)
- Serves on the Advisory Council of the joint effort of Metro Nashville Public Schools, the Mayor’s Office, and music industry and community leaders, the Music Makes Us® initiative will lead the nation in music education. Served as Chair from 2020-2022. With a focus on music literacy and student participation, Music Makes Us® is strengthening traditional school music while adding a contemporary curriculum that embraces new technologies and reflects a diverse musical landscape.
Middle Tennessee State University (Graduated May 2001)
- Bachelors of Music with minor in Recording Industry
- Studied classical and jazz piano
University of Phoenix at Nashville (Graduated January 2005)
- Masters of Business Administration in Technology Management
Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI)
- Almost 25-year career holding various positions in sales, marketing, customer service, and operations supporting BMI songwriters, composers, and publishers. Currently Associate Director of Customer Relations.
- President Pro Tempore, 2019-2020
- Budget and Finance Committee, Member
- Charter Revision Committee, Chair
- Planning and Zoning Committee, Member
- Public Facilities, Arts, and Culture Committee, Chair
- Rules, Confirmations, and Public Elections Committee, Member
- Public Health and Safety Committee, Chair
- Board Member, Nashville and Eastern Rail Authority
- Donelson-Hermitage Chamber of Commerce – Community Service Award (December 2016)
- Donelson-Hermitage Chamber of Commerce – Anna Wiggs Memorial Award (December 2014)
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and YP Nashville – Nashville Emerging Leader Award 2014 for Arts, Entertainment, & Music Business.
- Nashville Business Journal – 2014 Forty under 40 Award (January 2014)
- University of Phoenix Alumni Association – Community Service Award (August 2013)
- Proclamation for Exemplary Community Involvement to Hip Donelson from Councilman Phil Claiborne (May 2013)
- Donelson-Hermitage Chamber of Commerce – President’s New Member of the Year Award (December 2011)